Creating a Dynamite Job Portfolio
The job market continues to change, as does the way we look for work. This course examines the value of presenting yourself as a complete package by using a resume as an introduction to an employer and backing it up with a portfolio presented at the interview.
In order to make the most of this course, participants need to have recently completed the Getting Your Job Search Started workshop, or identified target positions and completed a full skills assessment and goal setting exercise.
What Will Students Learn?
- Speak about yourself using descriptive language.
- Apply the essential elements of cover letters and resumes.
- Understand the need for pre-employment testing and what to expect in your target market.
- Design a personalized portfolio.
- Develop a plan that moves you to a new job within 60 days.
What Topics are Covered?
- Who are you?
- Writing the resume
- Creating a noticeable package
- Cover letters
- The portfolio
- Dealing with awkward points
- Getting to a new job in 60 days
- Giving references
- Thank-you notes
Take this Course