Meeting Management: The Art of Making Meetings Work
Meetings come in all shapes and sizes, from the convention to a quick huddle in an office hallway. This one-day workshop will be concerned with small working meetings; with groups that have a job to do requiring the energy, commitment, and talents of those who participate.
Members of such a group want to get some kind of result out of their time together: solving problems, brainstorming, or simply sharing information. At its best, such a group knows what it is about, and knows and utilizes the strengths of individual members.
What Will Students Learn?
- Understand the value of meetings as a management tool
- Recognize the critical planning step that makes meeting time more effective
- Identify process tools that can help create an open and safe forum for discussion
- Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive behaviors
What Topics are Covered?
- The basics for effective meetings
- The best and worst of meetings
- Holding productive meetings
- Preparing for meetings
- Setting the place
- Leading a meeting
- Process and content
- How to control a meeting
- A plan for success
Take this Course