The ABCs of Supervising Others
This workshop is for people who are new supervisors or who are interested in a supervisory position, as well as those who are team leads or part-time supervisors without a great deal of authority.
This two-day course is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems that they will encounter as a workplace leader. Dealing with the problems that a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
What Will Students Learn?
- Adjust to the supervisor’s role with confidence.
- Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Identify key attitudes that you can develop to enhance your supervisory skills.
- Use time management and planning techniques to maximize your success.
- Develop a technique for giving instructions that are clear and understood.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
What Topics are Covered?
- Making the transition
- Responsibilities of a supervisor
- Key behaviors and attitudes
- Setting goals and planning for success
- Active listening techniques
- Communication skills
- Giving feedback and instructions
- Orders, requests, and suggestions
- Managing conflict
- Managing challenging situation
- Developing relationships
Take this Course